TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for selecting Port Stephens Escapes – your Peninsula Holiday
Specialist. We sincerely hope you enjoy your stay and that we can assist
you with your Holiday accommodation in the Port Stephens region again
in the future.
To protect our property owners we ask that you carefully read and sign the
following Terms and Conditions of your holiday letting.
1. For all your bookings 50% of the Tariff plus a $35.00 Booking Fee is required as a deposit to confirm the booking and is payable on confirmation of booking. Balance of all outstanding monies is due seven (7) days prior to your arrival (except Christmas Peak periods – see Clause 5). Payment may be made by bank cheque (made payable to “Ray White Port Stephens”), MasterCard, Visa, or Direct Deposit into our Trust Account. Please note that there is a 1.02% fee on all holiday transactions paid by credit card.
- The premises are let to you for holiday purposes only – for the period stated on your receipt.
- Our office is open between 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am – 4.00pm Saturday. Your holiday property is available from 2:00pm on your day of arrival with vacate time 10:00am on the date of your departure – please ensure all keys/remotes are returned to our office by this time and please note that if you remain in the property after 10am, (without prior arrangement), you shall be charged an extra ½ days rent. We do offer a Late Arrival service if you are arriving outside office hours and this shall incur a $75.00 cash fee applicable upon arrival Monday to Friday from 5pm till 7pm then from 7pm till no later than 10pm it will be $100.00
- All public holiday check in’s - Our office is closed on public holidays if you require to check in on a public holiday there is a standard $100.00 cash check in fee till 5pm then from 5pm it is $125.00 till 10pm, if you require a check in on Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day a standard fee of $200.00 cash applies. Our office is ONLY open till 12pm on Christmas Eve. We can allow for early key collections on Christmas Eve free of charge as our office will be closed from 1pm Christmas Eve a $75.00 fee applies from 1pm till 4pm then from 4pm a $100.00 fee applies till 7pm.
- XMAS DAY GUEST MUST BE IN BEFORE 10.AM
- A Guest Registration/Security Deposit Authorisation Form is required to be completed for all bookings. This form requests details of your name, contact details, drivers licence number and the Security Deposit Authorisation section requests credit card details for security against the property and its contents total of $1000.00 prior to check in is required. If credit card details cannot be supplied then a cash amount of $1000.00 shall be required. The security deposit balance will be returned to you by EFT within 3-5 of your departure date. An increased security deposit of up to $2000.00 may be incurred for group bookings or at our discretion.
- With the high demand of annual Christmas re-bookings, we would appreciate it if you could make your re-booking for the property for next Christmas during your current occupancy and confirm with the required holding deposit of $235.00 (which includes the booking fee) within 7 days. For Christmas re-bookings, the balance of the 50% of the deposit must be paid by 1st June, with full payment due by the 1st December.
- No guest under the age of 18 will be permitted to occupy holiday properties unless accompanied by an adult.
- Sorry, schoolies bookings WILL NOT BE accepted as we do not have the policies, procedures and/or resources to accommodate these bookings. No Bucks Parties or Hens Parties will be accepted due to excessive noise or behaviour that is threatening to neighbours and to the property.
- Special conditions apply for cancellations. If you cancel your accommodation, and we can secure a replacement booking for the same period, your deposit will be refunded less a $135.00 cancellation fee. If however the property cannot be re-let, your deposit (along with the booking fee) is non refundable; if you shorten your stay, the unused portion of your rental is also non refundable.
- Should a guest require duplicate keys after hours a $100.00 service fee will be charged - payable at the time of key collection or upon departure. If no spare key is available, guests may be liable for any costs involved in gaining entry to the premises. Guests must not break in or attempt to break into premises when locked out.
- Each holiday property is equipped for a specific number of holidaymakers. No mattresses, tents or caravans, or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. If this is breached, you will be evicted and no monies will be refunded to the guests. It is against Health Department regulations for more persons to occupy a property than there are beds to accommodate them. An excellent idea is to discuss your needs with our staff when making your booking. If necessary we can arrange cots for your children at an additional charge when making your booking.
- Holiday Properties are fully self contained & equipped with blankets/doonas and pillows however you must remember to bring your own personal linen including sheets, towels, pillows cases, tea towels and bath mats. Linen must be used on all bedding as it is against health department regulations and hygiene for guests to sleep on bedding that is not provided with appropriate linen. It shall be prudent to bring along beach towels for your beach and picnic days. Other items we suggest you may need are personal toiletries, dishwashing liquid, toilet paper etc.
- Linen hire can be arranged for an additional fee prior to your check in. If you are using the linen hire service we ask that you place all linen in the bag provided and place by the front door for collection by 10am on your day of departure.
- Housekeepers have prepared your property to a high standard. We ask in return that you show consideration by leaving the premises in a neat and tidy state, unpack dishwashers (if applicable), clean bbq’s after use and place garbage in the bins provided, with all rubbish to be removed upon departure to avoid cleaning charges being incurred.
- A $15. BBQ cleaning fee shall be charged to guests for unclean BBQs after departure - to avoid this cost please ensure that the BBQ is cleaned after use.
- Garbage bins are collected weekly in Port Stephens (please refer to the Waste Management Calender to see what day the bins are collected in your area). Please put bins kerbside with handle facing the property. Boxes of rubbish left next to the garbage bin will not be picked up and we ask that you dispose of excess garbage at Salamander Bay Waste Transfer Station Soldiers Point Road, Salamander Bay, Opened Monday to Friday 7am to 3.30pm, Sunday 8am to 2pm, Closed Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.
- Everyone on holidays likes to “Party” however we must stress that excessive noise or behaviour that is threatening to neighbours will not be tolerated. We ask that children in your group refrain from playing in hallways or driveways which could be dangerous for them. Guests that are making excessive noise will be given 3 warnings, then all guests will be evicted from the property and no monies will be refunded to the guest.
- There is NO SMOKING inside any of our properties. Smoking may be permitted in outside areas. Please be aware of any house rules that may be displayed in individual properties and be sure to dispose of any butts and ashtray contents appropriately.
- For items left behind by guests – if requested, our office shall endeavour to retrieve the items and return to our guests -It is then the guest’s responsibility to organise postage or a courier to receive their belongings at their own cost.
- Port Stephens celebrates the fact that we have very little crime; however Port Stephens Escapes cannot accept responsibility for personal property such as cameras, jewellery, clothing etc. that is left unattended in your holiday accommodation. When visiting beaches and picnic areas, we suggest that you lock your vehicle and make sure that valuables are out of sight. By showing care in these simple steps you will make sure stressful situations do not arise.
- Everyone knows that a dog is a man’s best friend – and we are lucky enough to have some property owners who share our feelings. However in most holiday properties pets are not permitted. To save being disappointed upon your arrival, you must let our staff know of your special needs in regards to animals when making your booking, and it will be our pleasure to make sure they are comfortable and well provided for within a pet friendly property (only).
- When a booking is made, it is made in good faith by the Agent & the deposit is accepted for the owner at that time, however, if the property is for sale and the ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available. If the property is sold and the new owners do not wish to continue holiday leasing the property, you will be notified immediately, allowing you time to organize alternate arrangements.
- If your rental property is listed for sale whilst you are in residence, no inspection will be made without prior notice and will be carried out only if absolutely necessary and always in the company of an employee of Port Stephens Escapes.
- In the case of refurbishment or owners instructions, rental rates may be subject to change without notice, should this occur you will be notified immediately and given the opportunity to pay the difference in tariff, if not happy with the tariff change you will receive the full refund of your deposit, or if possible we can assist you in finding any alternate accommodation that we may have available at that time.
- At times situations arise of which we have no control. Port Stephens Escapes reserves the right to move visitors to alternate accommodation of a similar standard at their discretion or the direct instruction of the property owners. If this is the case, we will notify you as soon as possible and make every reasonable effort to make sure that you are satisfied with your new holiday property.
- All damages, breakages or losses to the property are to be paid for by the guest immediately. Should you discover a fault or breakage when you arrive please advise us immediately or we will consider those the responsibility of the current guest and charge accordingly. Funds will be deducted from the security deposit/credit card authority if we need to make a claim which may include, but is not limited to the following: excess cleaning fees, damage or breakages, excess garbage removal, late check out, telephone calls (if applicable) and please respect the furniture and do not move it around the property. When a claim for damages exceeds $150.00, an agent’s fee of $50.00 shall apply.
- When booking your accommodation with Port Stephens Escapes, our Staff takes great care to describe the holiday accommodation, position & furnishings to you as accurately as possible – our office cannot accept responsibility for any alleged misinterpretations of any descriptions provided nor refund any monies.
- We do not offer refunds under any circumstances due to change of mind. The only circumstances that we may offer a refund is if the property is in an unacceptable state (i.e.: unforeseen damage) and we are not able to attend to the issue straight away. In order for us to offer a refund under these circumstances we must be notified straight away and be given the opportunity to rectify the issues, and then a final decision will be made. We may consider a return stay at a discounted rate should any issues arise (not in school holidays or public holidays).
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ALLOW PARTIES TO BE HELD AT ANY OF OUR HOLIDAY PROPERTIES
AS PER OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WE HAVE A STRICT NO PARTY POLICY FOR EACH OF OUR HOLIDAY PROPERTIES. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN FORFEITING BOND.